Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Paris



For nearly a week we were in Paris mainly because of Air Show which our company had also a stand there,but as our Hotel was situated in centre of town near Notre Dome , we (or mostly I) managed to do easily a lot of sight seeing, we climbed the Eiffel Tower, were at Jardine du Luxemburg and dined with my dear friend Aude,
I shopped at champs-Elysees ,went to Louvre and because of time deficiency looked mostly the Iranian Partthere, remembering what my history teacher at high school said " The most important precious part of Perspolis is not in Iran but in Louvre!" And she was right!
I visited also the Pompidou centre the museum of modern art, I was impressed by the extra ordinary shape of building but honestly I found the most artwork there only hideous and ugly , only a few works looked impressive, but generally the parisians are very tasteful and artistic and that is what you can see in every aspect of general every day life!
The Air Show was also interesting but maybe in my point of view was not very good organized.
At our way back to England , there was a traffic jam(mainly in Air Show area and Paris) that we could not reach our ferry and waited almost 2 hours there for the next one, we were at at 2:30 am at home!